Thursday, March 10, 2011

Learning to be Flexible

As an adult I have an understanding of myself and what I can and can not do. Part of that understanding is knowing that I am not a very flexible person. I am a type A personality and like to have everything fit into a nice little box. I have had to learn in my adult life that life doesn't always fit in a nice little box and you actually need to be flexible and sometimes just go with the flow of life.



I knew that having children my demand for being flexible will increase tremendously, what I didn't realize that I would be put to the test almost everyday of my life. Before I started back to work, I had a perfect plan made out where Ryley would nap from around 12:00 to 4:00pm everyday, allowing me an hour to two hours when I get home to prepare for the next day, prepare dinner and workout. Well, I have been back to work for almost 2 weeks and Ryley has slept till 4pm only once. Normally he is awake right after I get home. So my perfect little plan doesn't really work if he is awake. I have now learned that I can plan all I want, and sometimes my plan make take form, but for the most part I need to be flexible .

I think, for me, I will always have a plan, but I am learning that it is ok if things don't go the way that I plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment